Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Out with the old...

Hello my fellow bloggers and followers, how are you today?? I am doing well, thank you, though my legs and rear are complaining loudly about the two hours of basketball I just put them through lol. Well, no pain no gain! Anyways, I think God has me in this place right now where, He hasn't left. Not in the slightest. The Lord says "I will never leave or forsake you," and "Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." So He hasn't left. But it feels like He took off my training wheels. Let me explain. Pretend you're in your first day of a new job. If its a good workplace, someone will take you through it step by step, and shadow you for at least the rest of the week, so you get comfortable in your own skin doing your job. Thats where I was. Now it feels like that second week on the job, where you're on your own and it's all up to you. See, my heavenly Dad has taken me through the ropes. He's healed me, directed me, taught, comforted, and blessed me immensely, overwhelmingly even. And now He's asking me to step out. To be me. And be comfortable with that, without Him holding my hand 24/7. This doesn't mean He's backed away completely, or that He doesn't comfort me. He does all those things. But He's being a good parent. He's allowing me to spread my own wings, to live life, to gain confidence in myself as I lean on Him. He's not asking me to stay at home you know? He's encouraging me, telling me, to go out and live my own life. I know whats up. I know who I am, I know who He is, and I know what Love is. And I know what to do with all those things. :) Life is good! Scary, but good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment