Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cheerio!

So how many times have I said that the gifts are awesome? That it makes me feel so good to perform them, to live them out in a way that pleases the Lord? It's true. These are good things. But I feel like I put too much stock in them sometimes. Because no matter how hard I prepare, and work to make sure they are the best that they can be, these gifts are all nothing compared to the work that God can do. In less than a second. Without my help. See, the Lord doesn't need me. He wants me. I think the Lord wants me to be happy in what I do for Him, but I think He also wants me to be happy in who I am, regardless of what I am able to do. I am able to separate who I am from what I do, because He loves me, no matter who I am or what I do. He loves me in sin, and He loves me in righteousness. He loves me in darkness, He loves me in light. He has unconditional love for me, because He loves me. He is a God and Father of love, and there is nothing I can do to stop Him. He loves me always, no matter what. So well, thats all well and good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment